Money Spent: $64 at Trader Joe’s, and $7 on a fresh juice on my walk to there.
After yesterday’s excited yell, it was time to calm down a little. The date last night was good… in like “I absolutely was attracted to the guy”. Which means I’ve put my hopes down, and hold life’s ironic ways in the back of my mind. But oh. My. God… I have a new item on my want list.
While summer is heating up the city, I’ve been trying my best to play it all cool… so let’s see how I did with last week’s goals:
- No Spending Week!I’ve been (necessarily) splurging a little recently, and it’s time to go back to (very) frugal. I have food in my fridge and pantry, so unless it’s something I’ve been overlooking this past weekend, or fresh food, I’m going for a zero spending week!
SUCCESS!! I didn’t keep the zero on the score board, but I was really careful spending money, keeping it to the necessities!
- Call my Former Boss Week!Remember that one time where I was going to talk with him? Yeah, I’m not a fan. But I do have justice on my side and signed document that proves I made a huge amount of money to little over the past 2 years… so this needs to be done.
SUCCESS! Although it didn’t go as planned, and results are still not there… this will need a little pushing and pulling.
- Eat Super Dooper Healthy Week! I was off sugar for the longest time, and then I went to Belgium… bye bye diet. I ate French fries so many times I’m actually saturated for the rest of the year. I did decide to be a little more flexible, though: I’m allowed an alcoholic beverage from time to time. And since I read that one cup of coffee in the morning is actually good to fasten your metabolism, I’m doing that, too. Homebrewed, of course.
SUCCESS! There was nothing but health on my plate this week.
- Keep up the Running Pace Week! Running has been going well, and I’m so, so excited to have run 5K today!! I’m not sure yet whether I’ll be running in the morning or at night, after work… but I’ll figure that out this week. I hope to eventually combine running with a yoga practice.
SUCCESS!! I ran a whole lot last week. I may take a couple of yoga classes this week, just to balance things out.
- Start Apartment Hunting Week! I guess it’s time to get serious about that… 42 days left until moving… Washington Heights (or higher up), here I come…
SUCCESS! I kicked things off. I also took a decision to perhaps rent a 2 bedroom apartment, and rent one room out.
- Go Back to Kundalini Week! Because bravery works best when supported by a higher power.
SUCCESS!! I didn’t go to class, but I had a meditation routine all week: meditating in the morning for about 15-20 minutes: it helped me through the week!
Next Saturday, I’m going to Fire Island for the day. A friend of mine has a birthday and a bunch of us are going the… *insert dramatic tune here*… beach.
My body is nowhere near bikini ready, so I’m slightly panicking… people take pictures on beaches, and I doubt I can avoid being in all of them. So this next week will be about the most superficial themes in the history of the world: money and me.
- Zero Spending: I’m going to give it another try: my fridge is filled with food, I should be able to manage to keep the spending to a minimum.
- Work It Out: I have five days left until my trip to the beach, and I’ll do my best to at least feel a little comfortable in a bathing suit.
- No date Week: I just had two dates. The only days I’d have a date, are either Friday or Sunday – all else is off limits, due to #2. Unless it’s the guy from last night asking. Exceptions to the rules are always necessary.
- Getting bikini ready: that means I’ll be scheduling a wax. Hello, Groupon Deal!
- Work It Out – part 2: I hope to get moving in the matter of me vs my former boss.
And I think I’m going to end here, and enjoy a couple of hours of weekend… before the week kicks off.
My first week back in Manhattan… it sure wasn’t boring.